Now Accepting Applications
We are currently accepting applications for the Encore Fellowships Program. If you want to be considered as a fellow candidate, please submit an online application and resume. Given the limited number of fellowships available, the selection process is highly competitive. Before submitting an application, please take time to carefully review the program FAQ.
The timeline for the 2012-2013 Encore Fellowships Program is:
- Aspiranet work hosts submit fellow position descriptions.
- Fellow candidates submit applications.
- Applications are screened for degree of professional experience, transferable skills, areas of interest, and readiness to advance the work of Aspiranet.
Qualified candidates are invited to meet with the program director to assess their understanding of the fellowship requirements and exchange additional information.
- The pool of prospective fellows is narrowed. Selected candidates are presented with one or more position descriptions and invited to schedule an informational interview with an Aspiranet work host in order to explore whether the position is a mutual match.
- Work hosts generally interview multiple candidates for each Encore Fellow position. In consultation with the work hosts, the program director determines the fellow matches and extends the fellowship offer to selected candidates.
- Fellows and work hosts formalize the statement of work, laying out the fellow role, responsibilities, goals, milestones and project time frame.
- Matches are finalized and the 2012–2013 Encore Fellows cohort is announced.
- Work hosts orient their fellows.
- Encore Fellows typically work 12 months, half-time (1,000 hours duration), or 6 months, fulltime, and participate in monthly cohort meetings.
The timeline for the 2013–2014 Encore Fellowships Program is:
- Rolling application process. Fellow applicants are invited to apply any time during 2013.
- September – November 2013, selection/matching process
- Fellow 1,000-hour assignments begin September–December 2013.